- The McCluskey Clan -

Kenneth, Darlene, Kendra, K.Bryce, Kyle, Kameron, Kristen, Kari, Kelley, Kevin, Katie, Konrad.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Remembering Nana...

Remembering Peggy Simmons Nelson Szevery is easy for a lot of us. It is rare to have the type of relationship we had with a grandparent. Now days the generation gap seems to be getting further and further apart, and I'm sure we are grateful for the individual relationships and sweet memories we all have of our "Nana". Coming from a family that has been sealed together, and having knowledge of our Heavenly Fathers plan, gives us comfort in knowing that we WILL see her again one day. But it is normal to mourn, cry and feel a loss now that she is gone. I have had memories flood my heart and head these past few days and have even pulled out my wedding dress and observed the stitching there...as I know it was done with love by Nana and mom. I thought I'd share a few pictures with you, especially so Nana's great grandchildren can see her in ways they haven't before. Remember... We are all better people for knowing and loving her!
October 29th, 1911 - December 9th, 2008







Nana with one of her children.








This is Nana at the store in Oakley, Idaho with Francis & J.J.






I'm grateful for the chance I had to visit and spend time with Nana this summer in Rexburg. That my children could personally know their Great Grandma, and will have stories, memories, and pictures that they can share with their children one day. That a legacy of a great woman will go forward in the hearts and minds of her families future generations. With Love, Kendra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home